HMS Agincourt

Home ] Up ] HMS Minotaur ] [ HMS Agincourt ] HMS Northumberland ]

Battleships-Cruisers .co .uk Home Page
Order Enquiries (UK) : 01436 820269

You currently have no items in your basket



Last Christmas Post Dates (more)>
UK : 21 Dec, US/CAN/EUR : 19 Dec

Google

 

www.battleships-cruisers.co.uk

Naval History by Country :
ROYAL
NAVY
US
NAVY
GERMAN
NAVY
FRENCH
NAVY
MORE
PAGES
VIEW ALL OF OUR CURRENT ART SPECIAL OFFERS ON ONE PAGE HERE
NAVAL ART AVIATION ART MILITARY ART SPORT ART
Ship Search by Name :

Minotaur Class ironclad  HMS Agincourt  

HMS Agincourt  built at laird's at Birkenhead. was laid down on the 30th October 1861, under the name of HMS Captain. The name was change to HMS Agincourt before its launch on the 27th march 1865. and was completed on the 1st June 1867. HMS Agincourt was commissioned  along with her sister ship HMS Norhtumberland. to tow the Bermuda Dock as far as Maderia.  Joined the Channel Squadron  (2nd Flagship) in 1869 until 1873.  in 1871 HMS Agincourt was nearly lost when she was grounded at pearl Rock, Gibraltar. Became Channel Flagship in 1873 until 1875. during HMS Northumberland refits.  she herself went into refit in 1875 until 1877 to be re armed with  seven 9 -inch MLR and twenty 8 inch MLR and four Whitehead Torpedo launchers.   after refit went to the Mediterranean where she went to the Dardanelle's with Hornby.  after which she returned to th4 \channel squadron  as 2nd Flagship until 1889. went into reserve at Portsmouth between 1889 and 1893. became HMS Boscawen III as a training ship at Portland until 1905. then to Hawich as Ganges II between 1905 and 1909. after this she became a Coal Hulk C.109 at Sheerness. serving there well into the 1970;'s.  A once proud ship which had carried the flags of no less than 15 Admirals. 

HMS Agincourt, 1867.

Click here for photo purchasing options

HMS Agincourt, 1867.

Click here for photo purchasing options

HMS Agincourt, 1867

Click here for photo purchasing options

HMS Agincourt at anchor in Bantry Bay c.1884 when she was second Flagship of the Channel Fleet.

HMS Agincourt, as C109, July 1935.

HMS Agincourt, converted to a coal hulk, C109, in 1908, and stationed at Sheerness Harbour, where it remained until being broken up in 1960.

Click here for photo purchasing options

HMS Agincourt, 1867.

Click here for photo purchasing options

HMS Agincourt, converted to a coal hulk, C109, in 1908, and stationed at Sheerness Harbour, where it remained until being broken up in 1960.

Sent in by George Pritchard.

 

Click here to go to our naval history forum

Everything we obtain for this site is shown on the site, we do not have any more photos, crew lists or further information on any of the ships.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE. ALL IMAGES DISPLAYED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROTECTED BY  COPYRIGHT  LAW, AND ARE OWNED BY CRANSTON FINE ARTS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS.  NO REPRODUCTION OR COPYING ALLOWED ON OTHER WEBSITES, BOOKS OR ARTICLES WITHOUT PRIOR AGREEMENT.

Contact Details
Shipping Info
Terms and Conditions
Classified Ads
Valuations

Join us on Facebook!

Sign Up To Our Newsletter!

Stay up to date with all our latest offers, deals and events as well as new releases and exclusive subscriber content!

This website is owned by Cranston Fine Arts.  Torwood House, Torwoodhill Road, Rhu, Helensburgh, Scotland, G848LE

Contact: Tel: (+44) (0) 1436 820269.  Fax: (+44) (0) 1436 820473. Email:

Follow us on Twitter!

Return to Home Page